Thread: IconXP - 32-bits iconen in Delphi

IconXP - 32-bits iconen in Delphi

Een kleine donatie, dus vandaar dat ik er geen hele sectie voor aan wil maken.

IconXP is een TGraphic implementatie voor het laden van .ico bestanden met ondersteuning voor het 32-bits formaat wat geintroduceerd is in Windows XP. Dit gebeurt geheel buiten de icon APIs om, en werkt dus net zo goed onder Windows 95 t/m 2000.

Wat kan het tot nu toe?

• Complete vervanging voor TIcon, elk (getest) formaat wordt ondersteund, van 1-bit tot 32-bit.
    • Design-time inladen van 32-bit iconen in bv TImage
    • Lijst van formaten beschikbaar (TIconXP.Formats)

Wat mist er?

• Wijzigen en opslaan van iconen. Opslaan is wel geimplementeerd omdat SaveToStream in design-time wordt aangeroepen, maar deze dumpt simpelweg een kopie van het ingeladen icoon. Zoals de in-source comment al aangeeft zou dit eigenlijk vervangen moeten worden voor de netheid, maar aangezien ik zelf geen behoefte heb aan het kunnen editen ben ik hier niet mee bezig geweest.
    • Meer testen. Alleen wat icoontjes van IconWorkshop en de welbekende Foood collectie getest, weet dus niet of 't op alle mogelijke iconen werkt.

De werking is simpel; pak het uit, voeg het pad toe aan je Library Path en installeer de package, that's it. TImage en andere TGraphic-compatible componenten zullen nu automatisch TIconXP aanroepen voor .ico's.

Een probleem is nog de ImageList. Mijn uiteindelijke doel is om de icoontjes in een menu/toolbar te krijgen, en TImageList is daarvoor te beperkt. Het mooiste zou een ImageList zijn die een collectie bijhoudt van TGraphic's (zonder conversie naar bitmap) en een normale ImageList emuleert, daar ben ik dus naar op zoek of wil ik eventueel later zelf maken...

In ieder geval, veel plezier ermee, en als iemand toevoegingen/opmerkingen heeft hoor ik ze graag!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Qui custodiet ipsos custodes

Can you write this message on English, please?

Here goes:

IconXP is a TGraphic implementation for loading .ico files with support for the 32-bits format introduced in Windows XP. This is done without using the icon APIs, so it's fully compatible with Windows 95 to 2000.

What does it do?

• Complete replacement for TIcon, every (tested) format is supported, from 1-bit to 32-bit.
    • Design-time loading of 32-bit icons in for example TImage
    • List of formats available (TIconXP.Formats)

What's missing?

• Modifying and saving icons. Storing is implemented because SaveToStream is called in design-time, but this simply dumps a copy of the loaded icon. Als the in-source comments say this should be replaced, but I didn't have any need for editing yet myself.
    • More testing. Some icons from IconWorkshop and the well-known Foood collection have been tested, so I don't know if there are weird formats out there that fail.

Using it is easy; extract the file, add the path to your Library Path and install the package. TImage and other TGraphic-compatible components will now automatically call TIconXP for .ico's.

There is however a problem with the ImageList. It can't read .ico's anymore if IconXP registers itself, because it is hardcoded to recognize TIcon. A workaround would be to change the registration to link to .ixp files (renamed .ico files) if you're only interested in loading the icons in design-time. As for having an ImageList which supports the 32-bits blending, take a look at my GraphicList.

This last paragraph is slighty different from the Dutch version due to new developments; just so people don't think I'm a lousy translator

Have fun with it, and if there are any remarks/changes I'd love to hear 'em!

Question i want to know more information about"IconXP - 32-bits iconen in Delphi"

i want to know more information about"IconXP - 32-bits iconen in Delphi"or examples,and what's the web address? i spent much time to look for it,but i failed

You're looking at the web address... the description and attachment in the first post is all there is

i want the examples abou it

There are no examples, only the small explanation on how to get it to work you can see in the above post...

thanks for your help,if you could find the information i want ,please contact me with my email:*beep*

Edit by PsychoMark: email address removed to prevent spam, use the forum instead
    Last edited by PsychoMark; 22-Sep-04 at 17:36.

Thread Information