Thread: kbmMW aanbieding voor NLDelphi leden

kbmMW aanbieding voor NLDelphi leden

I hope I dont thread on any forum toes by writing this... but here goes....

Just in case Benno and you all get together around the wood fire, looking at what you can get out of using kbmMW, I thought it would be prudent to let NLDelphi readers get access to kbmMW Enterprise Edition for an extremely low cost...
    Use coupon code NLDELPHI if you decide for getting a kbmMW Enterprise license on our site.
    The discount is 50%.
    The offer is only available during Nov 2018.

best regards
    Kim/C4D
    Last edited by Kim Bo Madsen; 09-Nov-18 at 15:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Bo Madsen View Post
    I hope I dont thread on any forum toes by writing this... but here goes....

Just in case Benno and you all get together around the wood fire, looking at what you can get out of using kbmMW, I thought it would be prudent to let NLDelphi readers get access to kbmMW Enterprise Edition for an extremely low cost...
    Use coupon code NLDELPHI if you decide for getting a kbmMW Enterprise license on our site.
    The discount is 50%.
    The offer is only available during Nov 2018.

best regards
    Kim/C4D
    Can you please tell me if C++ Builder is supported?

Quote Originally Posted by PiSymbol View Post
    Can you please tell me if C++ Builder is supported?
    Hi,

Yes and no.

If you have C++Builder personality only, then bugs in the compiler seems to prevent proper compilation.
    If you have Delphi and C++Builder personality, then you should be able to use it.

However the later versions of kbmMW supports lots of Smartxxxx features which takes heavy advantage of things like Delphi attributes, Delphi generics, Delphi anonymous functions.
    As far as I know, C++ emulates most of it, except Delphi attributes.

For that reason all smart classes must be defined within .pas units and compiled with the Pascal compiler (that happens automatically)

No doubt kbmMW is easier to use with Delphi than C++. There needs to be very close control of not mixing .hpp, .obj, .dcu etc files of different compilations, so keeping closely track on paths and cleanup procedures is a must with compiling C++... but thats as such nothing kbmMW specific, but just makes things more complex and error prone.

My test focus is mainly on Delphi, but I do get some feedback from time to time about wishes to change this or that specific little thing (typically something that is not translated well to .hpp header files) to make C++Builder behave better, so some people are using it with C++ Builder.

I personally know how much time can be spent on setting all the environment up in general with C++. That combined with the fact that the vast majority of users are Delphi users, makes me unwilling to spend a whole lot of time specifically related to C++, why testing is not focused on C++ Builder and my personal support for it is limited.

best regards
    Kim/C4D

It seems a risk to me to buy kbmMW for C++ Builder. Thank you for your response. Keep up the good work!
    Onmogelijk... Is geen feit, maar een mening.

It seems a risk to me to buy kbmMW for C++ Builder. Thank you for your response.
    Ah joh met die 50% korting op de enterprise licentie hou je meteen plukje geld over voor delphi pro

Overstappen op Delphi gaat het niet worden. Voor nu bak ik mijn eigen componenten. Mogelijk kost dit net zoveel tijd als het aanleren van kbmMW.
    Onmogelijk... Is geen feit, maar een mening.

Thread Information