Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How to sort files with custom function?

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    That code is unnecesary. $mode delphi includes $H+, while $mode objfpc does not. You probably just changed a objfpc to delphi, not realising that delphi includes $H+
    It almost feels like you were sitting next to me when I done that as that is exactly what happened

It is my ignorance in not knowing (or having verified) what mode settings are part of mode delphi.

I was more or less expecting (again my ignorance) that using mode delphi would have come close for TS to be able to compile the pasted code for his Delphi 7 version.

No it isn't'. It is just very long ago (before D2-3) when it mattered. See https://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADS...rings_(Delphi)

The origins for this are that Delphi mostly only supports TP for migration purposes, while FPC also supports it for keeping code in TP form running. That was more important before 2005 than it is now, but because a large body of code (including the core of lazarus) was written in that period, the modes were frozen as is to keep that running.
    Thank you for the corrections and history lesson marcov.

It has been ages since I last used Delphi so I simply couldn't recall.
    Iedereen wist dat het onmogelijk was. Behalve dan die ene dwaas die dat niet helemaal goed had begrepen en het toch deed.

mov rax,marcov; push rax marcov's Avatar
    IMHO Mode objfpc is a leftover of a vanity project that is best forgotten. Unfortunately the other devels don't agree with me :-)

I really like the {$mode objfpc}, it's a bit clearer/cleaner than {$mode delphi} in my very humble opinion.

mov rax,marcov; push rax marcov's Avatar
    Paper thin, and not worth fragmenting generated codebases over. IMHO

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information